Wellington & South Island


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
March 5th 2014
Published: March 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day of the fancy dress

We drove down to Wellington, going through town of massive carrots and town of rubber boots. We had a competition girls vs boys on who could throw the rubber boot the longest distance. Can't actually remember who won but it might have been Rebecca for the girls, and maybe Gav for the guys though one of the three guys aimed for Simon. We stopped for lunch briefly in the town with all the outlets, which meant nearly everyone went shopping. Then we carried on down into Wellington, arriving about 3pm. We wanted to go to the Miramar, the movie sets for majority of the films filmed in New Zealand but majority of the Hobbit sets had been taken down, so Michelle and I decided to go to the waterfront and then grab a cable car to the top of the hill where the Botanical Garden is. We walked down to one of the gardens, then decided we didn't want to walk back into town as we were still in pain from the 20 km am the day before, so we walked back up the hill and took the cable car back down.

When we got back to hostel, we got dressed up in fancy dress to celebrate Simon's birthday and because some people were leaving the tour, including me. I was dressed as a female crocodile Dundee, with cowboy hat, and gold snake patterned (but not snake skin) shirt. Not sure what time we came back, but Michelle and Tash woke up at 6.15, so they could go catch the ferry, Simone also had to leave by 7, so it was just me in the room.

I met up with Emma on Tuesday, and we walked around and went for coffee. That night, one of the guys from my room came back at about 2 am, and each time he tried to lie down he would start throwing up so from 3, he sat next to the toilet (we had an en suite) and proceeded to throw up for the next hour, then he fell asleep. For dinner I went to Cuba St, nice Italian. On Wednesday, I just walked around and sorted out my plans for South Island. Thursday, I woke up at 6.30, to catch the ferry ...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.324s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.2512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb