Wellington Wanging


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
January 30th 2013
Published: January 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We've spent the last couple of days mooching around Wellington, getting a city fix before we head on to the South Island and all of its scenery and national parks.

There aren't a huge amount of 'must-see' places here, so we've...been up to the view point at Mount Victoria, gone for coffee at a trendy little cafe (Raglan Roast), taken a picnic up the cable car to the botanic gardens, been to the cinema (cheap night here is Tuesday, so we saw Django last night), wandered round the national museum, Te Papa, and strolled along the waterfront trying to see if we could gatecrash our way into the Pinot Noir convention (the answer is no, unfortunately).

On the way here, we also stopped off in the town of Taihape, which is apparently the home of the Wellington (or gum, if you're kiwi) boot...cue a spot of Welly Wanging! Mark came second in the men's competition, I was rubbish.

The rugby sevens is coming to town this weekend and, whilst we decided against going (the tickets start at £100, and sell out insanely fast), there are all sorts of events going on to celebrate, including a parade of all the teams through the city tomorrow lunchtime...we thought we'd go and check it out, so that we can at least say we saw some rugby (players) while we were here!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Thought the cat lovers might appreciate this one
P1040837P1040837
P1040837

Hazel at the 7s parade
P1040845P1040845
P1040845

England 7s Team


Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb