Getting ready for the trip


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
June 26th 2006
Published: June 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to our first installment of the 'Great Blondini' tour.
Please excuse the bleakness of this entry as I am only new at this journal writing caper, but am hoping to improve spelling and grammer the more I write.

With only this week to go at work we are getting real excited about what lies ahead.
The plan goes a bit like this.
On Sunday 2nd July we set off on a whirlwind tour of the North Island from Welly. We will visit friends and reles in Wangas, New Plymouth, Hamiltron, Auckland, Whangamata, Tauranga and Hawkesbay with hopefully a stop to do a bit of skiing. We return to Wellington on the 15th July for niece Zoe's birthday party.
Then its off on the big trip on 22nd July. We stop in Singapore for 8 days for our much belated honeymoon.
Then to London for a week before heading to Paris. From Paris we are looking to go to Belgium and Amsterdam and see the sight in between. I am hoping to see some old WW1 sites, such as pachendale, where so many kiwi's lost thier lives. We also want to catch up with Thommy and Linda in Amsterdam.
After that we head back to Paris and on to Strasbourg for Corinnes wedding to Julian, should be a fun time, am a bit worried, as the only French I know is unmentionable in that country, funny how you only learn swear words in other languages. We stay in Strasbourg for a wee while, getting to know Sarah's host family and then head to Marsailles, spelling sorry. From there it's anyones guess, but we hope to hit italy.
London will end up being our home when the trip is over, or who knows something may come up.
So there is our little plan thus far, stay tune for more updates as they come.
We havnt got a camera yet but plan on getting one in singapore, will put a few photos on before we leave hopefully

orivour (Scott French for seeya)
Scott and Sarah, the "Geat Blondini's''

Advertisement



29th June 2006

Happy journeying/journaling!
Cool!! Will look forward to future updates. Enjoy triping around NZ and we'll definitely catch up before you go. xxx

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb