Melbourne to Brisbane to Wellington


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
August 7th 2009
Published: August 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Wellington, NZ


MelbourneMelbourneMelbourne

parking in median
Hello!
I feel like I am on the Survivor Reality TV show. These last few days have been quite rough. We left Melbourne Wednesday night and took a 2 hour flight to Brisbane, getting in around 10 pm. Awoke to a beautiful view. Brisbane's weather was incredibly wonderful. We met with the Queensland Transport Department all day and then flew out last night to Wellington. It was a three hour flight and two hour time difference. I am now 16 hours ahead of you all.

Awoke to a cold Wellington day - low of 4C and a high of 12C. We had a good meeting with the New Zealand Transport Agency. Seeing alot of similarity between countries in their approach to performance measurement and performance management. Bottom line - everyone is struggling with the same challenges as we are and no one has an easy answer. I have a ton of websites and pounds of paper to bring back and share.

Tomorrow, Saturday, the group meets for the last time to sort out our thoughts. You can imagine that 12 people hear and pick up on different nuances.

I have had my share of airport security and airports.
MelbourneMelbourneMelbourne

streetscape
The Aussies and Kiwis are very serious about delcaring food and wood. One of our group was fined $200 for an apple in her bag that she forgot about.

Let me post a few pics. Hopefully I can do my last post tomorrow with some more pics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

wellingtonwellington
wellington

bus lane
MelbourneMelbourne
Melbourne

electric lines for trams
MelbourneMelbourne
Melbourne

raillines
MelbourneMelbourne
Melbourne

Bus lane sign
MelbourneMelbourne
Melbourne

tram stop
BrisbaneBrisbane
Brisbane

view from hotel-sunrise
BrisbaneBrisbane
Brisbane

sunrise from hotel
BrisbaneBrisbane
Brisbane

skyline
BrisbaneBrisbane
Brisbane

riverwalk
BrisbaneBrisbane
Brisbane

city ferry
BrisbaneBrisbane
Brisbane

riverwalk


7th August 2009

Good Job
Jane: Thank you for the infrmation, greetings from Uncle Tom and Aunt Jean.
7th August 2009

Hang in there!
We're counting on you to bring back the solution!
7th August 2009

Glad to here from you, I thought maybe you got sick from all the rushing around. I even email Freddie to make sure you were ok. I seeeeeeee you made it to Melbourne. A $200 apple WOW WOW. That sure is a lot of electric lines for the trams. What a view from your hotel in Brinsbane.

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb