New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
November 29th 2008
Published: November 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well you would think the drama was over wouldn't you, but no, there was one more crisis (so to speak) to get through.

We had the whole day in Auckland before catching the overnight bus to Wellington. We had a tired but good day in Auckland and were exceedingly happy to get on the bus to get some sleep. At about 3.00am in the morning the bus ground to a halt in the middle of nowhere. I woke to the driver announcing that 'cough cough, ahem, the bus had run out of diesel'. But we had only stopped at a petrol station an hour before!!! We then had to wait for another three hours before we were refuelled and could get on our way again! By which time, Kate (Dave's sister) was stood waiting for as at the bus stop in Porirua. Thankfully we got a message through and she and Sophie returned home, before coming back to get us.

So here we are, we've made it. We have had the most amazing time and the most unforgettable experiences. I am going to put all our photos on to Kodak.com which makes it easier for everyone and if there's any you like you can order them too! We are busy job hunting and trying to keep fit. I will from time to time update the blog and let you know what's happening, although as I'm sure you will appreciate, there's not alot to report at the mo.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0844s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb