Happy New Year


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
January 1st 2006
Published: January 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Greetings to a new year all you upside down and 12 hours behind people. Just a quick notice from Marc and Claire wishing you all the best for the coming 12 months and hope you stick to your resolutions (for the first week at least).

We ushered in the stroke of midnight at the Civic Square in Wellington and after one or two cheeky drinks, then partied with some locals (in the case of claire), or got lost and fell asleep (in the case of marc - thanks to the taxi driver whoever you are for getting me home safely).Anyway an enjoyable evening was had by all and our new years day was spent lazily reading, playing rugby ball throwing olympics with andy, watching films (the fantastic Still Crazy) and generally recovering. Tommorows missions are to get Frank an oil change and new radio, marc and claire bank accounts, and then drive to somewhere or other on the east coast with tents for some camping fun.

Other things of note was our walk on the Mangaone trail after the last blogs we wrote on our way back to Wellington which was picture perfect and dare i say verging on paradise (in a very new zealand way) yet again - what a terrible life we lead. It also made us detirmined to do lots of tramping (hiking in england, treking in the U.S, tramping in nz - we think the only difference is the ammount of dirt involved in each - tramping definately sounds the dirtiest) on our travels. In fact my new years reolution is to do all the 9 great walks.

Hope you enjoy the photos we're slowly planting in some of the blogs, there will be more (lots more), but my sanity will only let me do them for so long at a time (it took an hour and a half to do 12 pictures).

Anyway best wishes to all.

marc



Advertisement



1st January 2006

HNY
Hi there Welly Skelly, and Happy New Year to you both. Glad you are getting to enjoy a few 'home comforts' for a while. Looking forward to seeing piccies of the beard morfing. Bye for now. Judy
3rd January 2006

Photos
Thanks for the pics, i no emailing etc can b pain in ass sometimes, is really good to hear from u, esp pics, which i didnt manage on my last travels, as not sophisticated as u, thus blogless! so thank u an hope u both have as good a 2006 as 2005 seems to have been!
3rd January 2006

Bet you realy wanted to be at the Brudey Soc..........
'Because that's where the HP glitterati (by that I mean us, in case you were confused) spent the evening. It was great. There were not enough tickets, bad karoake, some random girls arse that Elliot and Dave had trouble not talking about, a band that I was too drunk to watch, and Kieran, Rob and Steve dancing very enthusiastically to "Together in Electric Dreams" at 12.21. You were missed. Have fun xxx

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1094s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb