The Capital


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
November 3rd 2005
Published: November 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Spent the afternoon looking through NZ's huge national museum Ta Papa ('Our Place'). There's some facinating stuff in there, not least a marine exhibition with a replica Ray that exactly matched the one The Germans had found on 90Mile beach and clarifying the fact that it wasn't actually dangerous, and was technically an 'Eagle Ray' - you learn something new every day!

We were joined by Natallie, a bubbly girl that we'd bumped into in Auckland who was also staying at the Wellington YHA. It's always really good seeing people time and time again along your travels, and even if you can't remember their names, you always greet each other as though you were the best of pals - it's really cool.

Chicken Fanjita's went down a treat before we headed into town, hoping for some good night-life in the capital, stopping at some great bars including one with a top-class young guitar band playing some excellent Radiohead.

I managed to convince Adam that it was my turn to choose the next venue and dragged him into Soverign - the local 'specialist' bar. 😉

The funny thing was that Natallie was stood at the other end of the bar, so we got together and had a really good laugh all night, even indulging in some kareoke - a drunken rendition of 'American Pie' from me and a predictable 'Sweet Child O Mine' from Adam) - classic.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 26; qc: 108; dbt: 0.1164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb