Time's almost up here in Welly


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
October 10th 2005
Published: October 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I'm into my last week here in Wellington. It's been a great stay, and I'm actually going to miss it. Come Sunday morning Clint and I are jumping on the Interislander ferry which will take us over the Cook Strait to the South Island. Our tentative plans are to go St. Arnaud in the Nelson Lakes Nat'l Park. Latest reports from the park say they have been getting snow down to 900 metres, which is where the campgrounds and any hike we do will start. We're hoping that all that moves out and the snow melts. After we have seen everything there is see there we will take a shuttle to Greymouth, on the west coast of the South Island. We will probably spend a day and night there getting rested. Then we will take the Tranzscenic railway up and over the Southern Alps. This is the only railway that crosses the Southern Alps, and everyone says this is a "must do." The halfway point is Arthur's Pass village, one of the place where we attempted to ski. I think we will stay here for a few days and do some hiking. We'll get our accomodation for free by doing day work for the lodge; cleaning, chopping firewood, etc. I've tried to take some pictures of Wellington, but it's been difficult. The weather here is so unpredictable, so the majority of the times I've gone out to take pictures it starts raining, hailing, or the clouds drop to ground level, or it gets to windy to do anything. I will put more up by this weekend.

Hmmm....upon further investigation, not all of my pictures showed up on this entry. Not sure why. I guess those will just have to wait 'til another day.

Advertisement



11th October 2005

hi
Everything sounds so pretty and interesting! You are having such wonderful experience that some do not experience in a lifetime. Thanks for taking time to share with us/ Hugs Aunt Jan
11th October 2005

hi
Everything sounds so pretty and interesting! You are having such wonderful experience that some do not experience in a lifetime. Thanks for taking time to share with us/ Hugs Aunt Jan

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb