Day 12 - And on the 12th Day, We Rested.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
November 16th 2007
Published: November 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After the long day yesterday, we decided to stay closer to home and postpone our excursion into the New Zealand wilderness for one day. That meant we got to just goof around. We took a short drive around the coast of Wellington and visited the Chocolate Fish. It was the café where all of the Lord of the Rings actors and crew met while filming in Wellington. They will be closing next month because “the man” is raising the rent and they can’t afford the location anymore. The beach near our B&B is covered in stones and made a nice walk. We found a few cool looking starfish. As we were inspecting, a local eco-lady came over and was marveling at the species. She wanted to bring them to the local environmental office, but when she tried to pick one up, the leg came off. Woops! We walked away….We found some cool rocks but as we were leaving we spied a sign that read “Warning. No Swimming or Fishing. Water Contaminated by Sewage”. Yuck. We went home and thoroughly washed our rocks, not to mention our hands. Tomorrow, we’ll be more adventurous. That’s it for now. Stay tuned.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb