Lord Of The Rings!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
July 6th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post


It was day two in Wellington, we were all feeling a little tired from the night before. Yet, a hot shower and a stop off at New World (a very nice supermarket that we have become fans of) for vital supplies and we were good to go.

Today, we were heading for the west coast of Wellington to explore the Seauton and Port Halswell regions, where alot of filming had taken place for the Lord of the Rings. Furthermore, alot of the cast had lived in that area and we found a local haunt of the cast at the time, the chocolate starfish cafe!

Next, we headed to the beach where scences from the film were also shot. And as luck would have have it, we bumped into not one but three members of the actual Lord of the Rings cast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Orlando Bloom (legolas), Elijah Wood (Frodo) and Smegal. We were besides ourselves with joy and emotion, plus they even better looking in real life and also very charming, funny and down to earth.

Orlando at this point pulled me to one side and told me how he wished I had played Liv Tyler's role as the elf
Schmeegal trying to escape
princess, as he had never seen such beauty before. He then asked if he could whisk me away and marry me, I smiled politely, flattered but had to break his heart and tell him that I just was not ready for that kind of commitment yet but gave him my email anyway.

The trio indulged us by performing actual scenes from the movie, on the beach, just for us. We were all gobsmacked and to say thank-you we invited them back to the van for a cuppa. Orlando kept making marriage proposals to me, so we quickly made our excuses and drove off in Colin. But what an amazing day, one none of us will never, ever forget.

Lots of love, Sooty. x



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb