Wellington with the relatives!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
March 11th 2007
Published: March 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Millie!!!Millie!!!Millie!!!

The little madam of a dog! Very spoilt.
Chris (Sam's 2nd cousin) picked us up from River Valley lodge and took us back to jans for a bbq and a chance to meet the family. It was a while ago now but I remember it being a pretty awesome feed. Chris and Michelle's house felt like home straight away which was awesome and why we stayed for a week....thanks guys! Here we met two of Michelle and Chris's sons, Ash and Roydon who were absolute legends and showed us the real wellington and kept us constantly entertained. A power cut through the entire city made a fun road trip and excited Ash far too much! We really had a week of living luxury, a well stocked up fridge and a shower whenever we wanted was something that as backpackers we missed. Their dog Millie became our friend straight away, hope she's not missing us too much!
In our week there we visited the Martinborough wine district (hope thats the right name), watched Hot Fuzz which is definitely worth a watch, visited Te Papa museum, went shopping and watched 5 episodes of Lost woop woop!
The Saturday before we left was St Patricks Day and the day of an
The family!The family!The family!

In no real order, Jan, Michelle, Chris, Ash and us two!
all day music festival called Summerset. From 3 until 10.30 there were kiwi and UK acts so we danced all day and then went on to town to continue the celebrations with the Irish. Fat Freddy's Drop were the main act at the festival and were amazing, everyone got up when they came on stage. Partying on into the early hours of the morning was all fun and frollocks until the following morning when we had to catch the coach at 7.15 with only a few hours sleep and to top it off we got up too early as the clocks went back. Not happy at all, the ferry crossing was one long sleep! South Island next stop!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Put your hands up!!Put your hands up!!
Put your hands up!!

Live drum and bass from NZ's Shapeshifter..
Mad Solo on the Sax!Mad Solo on the Sax!
Mad Solo on the Sax!

Fat Freddy's Drop were amazing shivers down the spine job!!


Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb