Sue & Ralph's Wedding


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
March 12th 2007
Published: March 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I DoI DoI Do

Sue & Ralph tie the knot on the beautiful Princess Bay outside Wellington.
We were lucky enough with the timing of our trip to be able to attend Sue & Ralph's wedding in Wellington. Sue & Ralph met in Oxford and now live in NZ.

The wedding took place on the beach at Princess Bay on the southern tip of the North Island. The weather was perfect - sunny and barely a cloud in the sky, with a nice refreshing sea breeze.

The reception was held at the Pines, with beautiful views over Princess Bay. There was an abnormally high swell, so as the sun went down, surfers congregated on the beach to ride the waves. The sunset was beautiful, with the peaks of the South Island visible in the distance, as we all danced to the DJ's selection of 80s alternative music - a great reminder of the Zodiac in Oxford!

It was exciting to be part of the event, and fun to catch up with some old faces from around Oxford - a big shout out to the Manny Road boys!

We hope Sue & Ralph are enjoying their honeymoon on the Coromandel Peninsula and we wish them all the best as husband and wife!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Preparing the aislePreparing the aisle
Preparing the aisle

Getting ready for the bride's entrance.
An expectant groomAn expectant groom
An expectant groom

Ralph and the celebrant wait with a nervous eye on the tide.
Here Comes the BrideHere Comes the Bride
Here Comes the Bride

Sue looked gorgeous on the arm of her proud father.
Making it officialMaking it official
Making it official

Signing the register - there's no going back now!
Princess BayPrincess Bay
Princess Bay

The view over bay, making a picture perfect backdrop to the reception.
The cakeThe cake
The cake

A little unconventional, but appropriate for 2 footie players.
VIP Guest ListVIP Guest List
VIP Guest List

Who's that handsome couple?
The swell's upThe swell's up
The swell's up

There were higher than usual tides in the bay, so many surfers were out to ride the waves.
SunsetSunset
Sunset

The sun went down and everyone hit the dance floor.


19th March 2007

Hi guys
It looks like you guys are having a wonderful 3 1/2 month adventure, but what you don't have is tickets to see Arcade Fire AND Kaiser Chiefs (seperate shows)... I have to make myself feel better somehow as I stare at your beautiful pictures from my desk at work!! Anyway, despite our jealousy we miss you and we're glad you are having a wonderful time.

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1013s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb