Random Thoughts From A Scattered Brain...


Advertisement
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
March 3rd 2007
Published: March 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ahoy there, maties! Hope you're all doing well. It's amazing how quick things can change: I didn't have much to write about on my last blog, and now I've got too much! A lot has happened the past little while, some expected, some not. I experienced some of New Zealand's amazing natural wonders, had a taste of "Americarna" in the city of New Plymouth, and said goodbye to a friend. I'm curren... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Mt. Ngauruhoe - AKA Mt. DoomMt. Ngauruhoe - AKA Mt. Doom
Mt. Ngauruhoe - AKA Mt. Doom

That's right: I hiked up Mt. Doom and made it my bitch! Who want's to touch me? I said, WHO WANTS TO TOUCH ME?!!
Mt. Doom CraterMt. Doom Crater
Mt. Doom Crater

See, told you I went up it!
On Top of Mt. DoomOn Top of Mt. Doom
On Top of Mt. Doom

I am the champion, I am the chammmmpion! No time for looosers, 'cause I AM THE CHAMMMMPIONNN-- of the WORLD!
Steam coming from Mt. DoomSteam coming from Mt. Doom
Steam coming from Mt. Doom

Good ol' fashion seismic activity - that's what I want to see when I hike up a volcano!
View from Mt. DoomView from Mt. Doom
View from Mt. Doom

Not too shabby! For you Lord of the Rings fans, I THINK the gates of Mordar are in the bottom-left corner of the picture.
Me on Mt. DoomMe on Mt. Doom
Me on Mt. Doom

With Mt. Ruapehu in the background.
Tongariro CrossingTongariro Crossing
Tongariro Crossing

Back on the trail!
Tongariro CrossingTongariro Crossing
Tongariro Crossing

A good shot of Mt. Doom; it sure does look like a volcano, doesn't it? And that's not cloud above it - not all of it, anyway. Some of that is steam.
Tongariro CrossingTongariro Crossing
Tongariro Crossing

Getting near the end now. I managed to finish the Mt. Doom and the Crossing in 7 hours 38 minutes. I'll take it!
Mt. TaranakiMt. Taranaki
Mt. Taranaki

At the start of my hike.
Mt. TaranakiMt. Taranaki
Mt. Taranaki

Great view up here - you could actually see the shape of the north island and coastline all around!
Mattie!Mattie!
Mattie!

My hiking companion for Mt. Taranaki. Atta boy, Mattie! Next time we'll make it to the peak!
Mt. TaranakiMt. Taranaki
Mt. Taranaki

May not have made it to the peak, but at least I got to see it - hooray!
Sunset at New PlymouthSunset at New Plymouth
Sunset at New Plymouth

This is my favorite city in New Zealand to date. It's got a great downtown, beautiful coastline walk, and sunsets like these!
AmericarnaAmericarna
Americarna

I came to New Plymouth to see Mt. Taranaki - I wasn't expecting this. Funny how you sometimes just fluke out and find these things!
AmericarnaAmericarna
Americarna

This was a 4-day event, and on the 2nd day, they had a ton of american-made cars parading around main street. Apparently, cars came from all over the north island!
Amercarna - Country FairAmercarna - Country Fair
Amercarna - Country Fair

Well saddle up, buckaroos! Hoo-doggie!
Elvis Isn't Dead!Elvis Isn't Dead!
Elvis Isn't Dead!

He's in New Plymouth, renewing couples' wedding vows! How the mighty have fallen...



8th March 2007

I love a good landscape.
You and your pictures. You'll have to make some posters when you get back, Mt. Taranaki and Sunset at New Plymouth are some sweet pics. Wow traveling alone, I could never do that I'd get lonely and talk to strangers... oh wait...I already talk to strangers... nevermind.
10th March 2007

Canadian Culture
Boy, the development of culture does not need to be worked on, instead it takes shape naturally by time and people. Look at all these countries with rich cultures like China, India, Thailand, Japan, Egypt...Which one has not gone through a long period of time? Which one is not highly populated? But Canada is such a young country and scarcely populated thus it's not surprised to see maple syrup and beavers as its IDs. Just wait and see, with the flood of immigrants from around the globe, maybe Canada will melt into some kind of cocktail culture. BTW, your entries are brilliant! I've posed a comment before on your Thailand blog, and have been following you ever since. Walk on, Let experiences, images, and people free blow through your clothes.
11th March 2007

Well said!
Well said Crow, I hope you are right; Canada being a cocktail culture would suit me just fine! It certainly has the chance to be just that! And thanks for reading my blogs!
13th March 2007

I leave and you fuck up you knee?
Hey buddy! The blog looks RAD! Yet, that's what you get for running down mountains, a litte memento (funny, sounds like Mentos)! Best of luck on the remainder of the journey! May the Schwartz be with you! Thanks for the lovely (wink) send-off and take care! NOW WHERE'S MY FUCKIN' CAMBODIAN BABY!!! Peace out Bro ;)
21st March 2007

Everyday
I see that you check in practically everyday (at least lately) as though to... check for updates? When are we gonna be able to move to the next vicarious location? The people want to know!
21st March 2007

Just goofin' off...
Hey Anyone, nice to hear from you again! Yes, I have been checkin' in, but mostly out of habit. Along with e-mails and such, you know? I will try to write something soon, but I don't have a helluva lot to say. So you must be checking in everyday if you know I'm checking in everyday. Whatup with dat?! If you need some DNA for my shrine, I can mail you some toenail clippings! Ha ha, just teasin'! Later!
22nd March 2007

oooo
toenails..oooo do you need shipping and handling.. lol
23rd March 2007

DNA
toenail clippings huh?... The shrine is way beyond that, I was hoping for a personal visit... or at least a lock of hair. I think I'm insulted. Hope your having fun wherever you are!
25th March 2007

RE: DNA
Anyone, you can have a lock of hair AND toenail clippings - I'm good like that! Michelle makes a good point though, those toenail clippings may cost a lot to mail. They get pretty big. ...Ewww, that's probably too much info, eh? Oh well, too late!
25th March 2007

Sample
At about $12 per pound (UPS), I figure it will cost me about $1800 to get the sample I want sent all the way back to Canada... maybe?
26th March 2007

You're a little off...
Hmmm, $1800 divided by $12/pound... that's about 150 lbs! Tee hee, oh you! Sorry, but my phat ass weighs about 180 lbs, so it'll cost you about $2160 to get me back to Our Home And Native Land! I'm not about to go on Jenny Craig either, so you'd best wait for me to get back home!
26th March 2007

Nice
I was just trying to be nice, but since your fine with telling everyone your weight, I guess I'm fine with telling you I can't afford you. Seriously though, how long does this adventure go on for? Are you back in Canada anytime soon?
26th March 2007

wow
Someone asks for a sample and might just get the whole deal, from toenails to fingernails... oooo mail order male? nice...
27th March 2007

Not so fast...
Naw, mail order male is too expensive Michelle. I think I'd best stick to a piece of dead skin or something. Cheap to mail, easy to clone, I think. They're doing amazing things in the cloning industry these days! What do you think, Anyone? Oh, as for when I'm coming home, that's for me to know and you to find out! You'll just have to play the waiting game...
10th September 2010
Mt. Ruapehu - Crater Lake

place des
awsome
10th April 2011
Me on Mt. Doom

Added description of view
Upper and lower Tama lakes in the foreground

Tot: 0.415s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 15; qc: 84; dbt: 0.2789s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb