A night in the cell.....


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
February 16th 2007
Published: February 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey all

So from the sunshine state we drove up the coast to Ohupe... (basically very much like Worthig with nice weather). We decided to treat ourselves and go out for dinner. The first restaurant we turned up at decided at 8pm that they didn't want to stay open and so turned us away. We then drove into the town with all of about 4 people in it to another restaurant where we were greeted with the phrase .... the chef has gone home for the night...!!!! We ended up in a bar eating batter with our fish! NIce!! Anyway at least the weather was nice. We arrived back at camp and decided to sit around .... this car drove by slowly and lobbed a bloody water bomb out of the car window at me.... nice.... oh and then we went to have a shower and Kel seemed to be taking ages until i discovered that she was actually locked in and had to screwdrive herself out. We then went to the TV room where i was greeted by some old retired pissed doctor who decided he wanted to have a conversation with me about melonoma because i was so fair and said i would be ok as i was only here for 2 months!! We decided to move on the next day!!!

We drove to Rotorua, had a walk around the lake..... full of theraml spas and mud pools and stinks of sulphur- it will seriously put you off eggs for life.

We then moved to Waira Beach where i spent my bday on the beach which was very relaxing apart from Kel and James dragging me into the sea.... I think i can honestly say this is probably the first birthday that i haven't had a drink... apart from peppermint tea... think I'll wait til i get home.

So drove back to Auckland - excellent back to the city and dropped our spaceship off and booked our 7 hour coach ride to Napier.

The coach didn't seem to be to too long until we arrived at our accomodation which we thought would be a great idea at the time (an old prison) and ended up sleeping in a cell with 2 bunk beds. Kel was on the top bunk, me on the bottom and James on another bunk with some random.

The prison had articles of the hangings in the court yards, the showers had space at the top and at the bottom and you actually had to undress in the showers and throw your clothes out - i can assure you it was far from luxury and quite eery. Kel decided to wake me up at 3am to accompany her to the toilet as you had to walk across a yard- pitch black. Oh and then to top it all off you had to climb into a sheet to sleep. We hardly slept and i can't believe i paid to stay there- oh and Kel got visited by a ghost no joke who was pressing down on her neck and looking at the cell door as he was doing it- thank god she was on the top bunk-- you can ask her about that one!!!

So the next day we moved out of their sharpish and jumped on the next coach (5hrs) down to Wellington which is where we are now. We are staying with Kels mate in this beautiful apartment on this hill which overlooks the harbour- it is stunning. However back to hostels tonight. Off to watch the rugby tomorrow Hurricanes vs Blues and then jumping on a ferry to the Lord of the Rings South Island on Sunday.

Right off for brekkie now.

Miss you all
Cx




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



20th February 2007

You need to be locked up :-) he, he, sounds like a trip and a half, miss you too, MC

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb