Back to the North Island


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington Region
December 12th 2009
Published: September 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Bye  South Island!Bye  South Island!Bye South Island!

Leaving Picton on the ferry to the north island.
This morning we got up and went back to the wineries we wanted to buy wine from. We ended up getting the dessert wine from Villa Maria, and a 2008 Riesling "M" from Te Whare Ra. We continued north toward Picton and had some time before we needed to board the ferry. We had run out of books, so we found a bookstore (which had the second and third book of the Millenium Triology by Stieg Larsson) and found an internet cafe. We have had a lot of interest in our van, so we're happy about that. Trying to work out details about viewing the van, etc. when we get back north.

Then we got on the ferry back over to Wellington. It was a bit smaller than the other one, but we had our sugared ginger this time! We think it helped. When we arrived in Wellington we went to see the Beehive, Parliament, and the Government buildings. The Government buildings are made of wood, but look like stone. At first we went to Parliament thinking it was the wooden building, but when we knocked on the wall, it was stone.

We continued farther north and ended up
Chester Wellington IIIChester Wellington IIIChester Wellington III

Statue in Wellington.
staying at a campsite in a small beach town, Foxton Beach. It's nice to stay on the coast and be able to walk along the beach. It was essentially empty at the campgrounds, only a couple other campers, so it was quiet and peaceful. It was kind of cold and drizzling/raining out so it felt good to have a hot shower.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

WellingtonWellington
Wellington

Government buildings in Wellington. Though it may look like stone, it's made of wood!
Foxton BeachFoxton Beach
Foxton Beach

In the evening while it was drizzling.
Foxton BeachFoxton Beach
Foxton Beach

In the morning when the rain had passed.


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb