Wellington


Advertisement
Published: June 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Check OutCheck OutCheck Out

We all complain about the queues and delays at Check In. But believe me the last thing you want to see is this! Not a person in sight, flight cancelled for today.
Not the greatest start to our holiday! Wellington smashed by worst storm in 30 years last night, flight delayed - with luck we fly out at 1205 and arrive in Brisbane 0205.

To paraphrase (badly) Elvis:

Its a cold and grey Wellington dawn and a another lonely traveller is bored...at the Airport.
And his partner sighs.
Cos if there's one thing that they don't need its another plane that fails to leave...From the airport.
Pilots don't you understand are you to blind to see we've all got some place we'd rather be.....than the airport...

That's pretty much destroyed one on my favourite songs! Yup pretty bored already. Still can't be helped fingers crossed we get away today weather still not great.

UPDATE

Flight cancelled we've been re-booked for 3pm tomorrow. Not the ideal start to our Origin Adventure (all will be forgiven if the Mighty Maroons do the business on Wednesday night!) but shocking weather so just have to roll with the punches. Means we'll miss the whole Rain Forest/Aussie Zoo/Etamogah Pub experience (for this time anyway). On the positive side it will give us more time in Brisbane with Sue and Don. It's sooo unusual
Storm WarningStorm WarningStorm Warning

To be fair we were never really a chance to get off the ground - when you look at this you can see why!
for Wellington to have gale force winds and really bad weather at this time of the year - How unlucky were we!

Lesson so far, in this situation would have been much better to book rental car/accommodation directly and not through Booking.com website. Booking direct we would have had a much better chance of getting refund (any chance would be better than Booking.com who couldn't have been less interested). In the end Insurance Company will cover so other than $100 excess nothing really lost.

FINAL WORD

We've re-booked the re-booking and now leave Wellington tomorrow at 1.05 getting to Brisbane at 3.15 - gives us a couple more hours in 'sunny' Brisbane (where currently its actually raining!). After a very messy stressful day we decided on a big feed of KFC for dinner and the world just seams to be a little bit better as a result!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1132s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb