3-17 & 18 Wellington & Home


Advertisement
Published: March 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sylvia & RonSylvia & RonSylvia & Ron

Ron and Sylvia, true friends - we are so fortunate.
We got up and started making the arrangements to fly home. We had to go through American Airlines (Quanta’s Partner). Of course the call went to India. The lady on the phone was very nice but inexperienced since it was her first day. It took about 3 hours to get everything booked. We were very fortunate to be able to rebook our flights for the next day. We then booked a flight from Wellington to Auckland and Ron & Sylvia drove use to the Wellington Airport the next morning. Talk about the luck of the Irish on St. Patrick’s Day. Not only did we get the flights we wanted but Quanta’s was running a $59.00 special from Wellington to Auckland and we were able to check our baggage all the way through to LA.

I cannot express how gracious and helpful Ron was. He and Sylvia are truly wonderful friends.

The flights home were very long but uneventful. After 40 hours we got to Minneapolis and just crashed for 15 hours. It is now 2 days later and we are almost functioning. A nice surprise was that our neighbor Jeff had finished putting a new floor in our Kitchen while we were away. Juanita could not have had a better welcome home surprise.

In conclusion, I have to say it was a great trip. We loved the beauty of New Zealand and the wonderful Kiwis we meet. We are truly fortunate for the experience.
I will also write up some of the interesting (interesting to us) differences between Kiwis and Americans.

The Kiwi word for the day is Tramper. This is their word for hiker.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Black SwansBlack Swans
Black Swans

A pair of Black Swans have produced 68 swans.


Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb