Waitomo Caves!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Waitomo Caves
January 12th 2009
Published: January 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hola!!

After getting our new driver, a lovely English girl (well woman actually... we thought she was a few years older than us but turns out shes 37!!! need to ask her for tips on how to stay looking so young hehe!!) we drove to Waitomo caves which was really cool….the first caves were glowworm caves - its pitch black and all you can see are tiny glowing green spots all over the cave ceilings which are the glowworms - they glow out of their bottoms hehe! :o) Although they are actually maggots, they are just called glowworms because it sounds cuter! :o) We then learnt about how they are born, catch their food etc etc, which I wont go into now! Then we all got on to a raft and floated through the caves in the dark, which were lit up by the glow worms (they stop glowing if its light!) it was so lovely and relaxing and we all said it reminded us of the Disney World ride It’s a Small World After All! :o) We then had a cup of tea and biscuits in a big field outside the caves in the sunshine and realized it was midnight in England so we all had another Happy New Year session which I actually enjoyed more than the club, and it felt very English with tea and biscuits apart from the fact it wouldn’t have been so hot and sunny in England hehe! :o) We then wandered around the limestone caves and looked at all the amazing formations!

We then drove on to Maketu for our cultural stop!

xxxxxx




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



12th January 2009

Wanna brew...?!??!
Hey girlie wirlie! Loved just catching up on your blogs with a cup of tea and chocolate - sooo cool that you saw English New Years in with tea and biscuits :o) heheee! ...love you lots lucky lady xx xx

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb