We Arrive Home Postscript


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wairarapa
October 1st 2017
Published: October 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

It’s nice to go away but it’s also nice to come home so we enjoyed seeing our own hills and the New Zealand light which is so different from that in Europe and Asia, even though it was overcast and began to rain later. We passed through the formalities without difficulty, caught the shuttle bus to the train station and only had to wait 10 minutes for a train, all free as it was Sunday. Dave bought a few essentials at the New World Metro which was very convenient.





Tamara had texted Chelle so Graeme came to meet us at Waterloo station which we really appreciated after all the travelling. It was about kids’ tea time so we didn’t stay long, though we had to jump start the car after it had been sitting for a month. Tamara drove home through the rain on these incredibly empty roads, and we arrived to find everything in good order, though five weeks worth of dust and our usual stuff in the wardrobes was a bit of a shock after staying in clean tidy lodgings with only a smallish suitcase each. It was still light as we had changed to daylight saving, and we could see the grass had grown as expected and the birds had left lots of traces in the courtyard. We didn’t see any peafowl in India although the peacock is their national bird, but our little flock was there to greet us the next morning as well as the naughty chickens which have not started laying yet. We collected the cats from the cattery and they were very pleased to see us. So now it’s back to life as usual.





I’m writing this a week later and we have pretty much caught up with extra washing and cleaning, mail which eventually turned up on Wednesday, and have made good progress on mowing, weeding and scything.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb