Return to New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wairarapa
September 30th 2017
Published: October 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The early start worked really well and we had an easy drive to the airport, only taking about half an hour along the main roads. The driver let us out at the high speed drop off point but we had his tip all ready in an envelope which we gave him before he rushed off.





It was a bit difficult to work out which gate we should go through initially, but they directed us to the correct one, and then we could sit down and relax and eat out packed breakfast from the hotel. It was not very inspired, but much easier than trying to find something that early in the morning. We had no problems checking in with Singapore Airlines and took the opportunity to rest and I think snooze on the way to Singapore which only took five hours.





We had about four hours between flights in Singapore so we went to look at the butterfly garden which was quite relaxing. Changi Airport is an easy stop, although the wifi was totally overloaded, and the time soon passed and then we were on our way to Canberra. This was a sort of night flight and Tamara managed to get a few hours sleep before we stopped briefly in Canberra. We went into the transit lounge which was another exercise in patience and then we were off on the final leg to Wellington. Somewhere during this the day changed to Sunday 1 October.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.457s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb