Message from Jeff


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Turangi
November 22nd 2015
Published: November 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Since Kristine has been writing the blog entries, all I've been doing is taking and managing the pictures. I've reached 839 in the picture count. It's time for me to memorialize some of the things I've been enjoying.

First, let's start with the friendly people everywhere. Not just the locals who live here and help the tourists, but all of the people we've met. First day, when we just got into town and went to the outdoor market, we didn't have NZ cash to pay for our fruit and breads, and they didn't take plastic. The guy at the stand told us "Just take it and pay me when you get back." When we did the coast to coast hike the next day, a guy was finishing the walk going the other way. After talking for 10 minutes, he gave us his detailed map. That was so much help!

Then there's the other people doing the events with us. We met Kelce and Sara when we were touring Hobbiton. The tour and banquet was even better with their company. Jon and Melena did the Black Abyss cave diving with us. It was important to have another couple to endure this painful, scary and rewarding experience. Ben and Sara were the guides who worked us through the caves. Their sense of humor was great. Sometimes, they weren't joking, "Seriously, you do need to climb through there!" We all made it.

Second, it would be difficult to say which event was better than the others. They're all unique experiences. Hobbiton cannot be compared to the Maori. Just as you can't compare zip lining to the coast to coast walk. And nothing compares to the cave diving. They're all unique experiences with great people.

Today is a travel day. We need a break to see the country side and do some chores. Tomorrow picks up in the country and on on the river. Having a good time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb