Taupo - Skydiving & Trout Fishing


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
November 15th 2010
Published: February 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Skydiving & Trout Fishing



Saying goodbye to Ruth in Auckland we set off in search of adventure. The boys had their hearts set on an Accelerated Freefall Skydiving Course, so we headed to the North Island's adventure hotspot, Taupo. Set on the shores of a massive lake, with mountains (including Mount Doom From LOTR) looming in the background, we settled into a motel for what would be the next 10days.
We relaxed into a gentle routine, if the weather was good for jumping, the boys would head off for a days' leaping out of a plane, and I would amuse myself in the little tourist town. If the weather was iffy we would head off on little day trips...we saw glass blowing workshops, the Huka Falls, visited gorgeous outdoor hot springs for a soak, and Guy even mananged a spot of trout fishing. I had a go at Hole in One Golf. You stood on the banks of the lake and with a bucket of golf balls attempted a 'hole in one' on a little floating island 50 or so metres from the shore....despite my best efforts I probably scared more trout in the lake than balls reaching the green....ho hum somebody else could win the $10,000 prize!
On Skydiving days, the boys would return each evening exhilarated and hungry from their course, memorising facts and figures and weather charts, and enjoyed naming all the cloud formations above us, as well a randomly shouting ARCH!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0855s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb