Taupo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
April 16th 2010
Published: April 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Happy Birthday Kate!

We wake up at 5.20am and get ready for the day ahead of us.

We are picked up outside of our hostel. The first shuttle bus is someone who goes around trying to steal customers from the people we have booked on the expedition with - very confusing at 6am!

A 4x4 arrives and takes us to an awaiting shuttle bus. The lady is bonkers but lovely at the same time.

We pick several people up before driving for an hour and a half. As we are very alert (nosey) we realise the walkie talkie is being used a lot - it turned out to be for a very good reason.

There are low lying clouds and winds reaching 85km/h! The driver takes it upon herself to pull the plug on todays trip as it would be too dangerous!

Me and Rob decide we will try again tomorrow and if it does not go ahead then it is not meant to be!

We drive back and arrive at our hostel at 9am. Now we have no idea what to do with ourselves for the day.

A short nap sees us lively enough to head out and explore. We buy Rob some new trainers as his toes have gone through the sides of his!

The sandwiches we made for the crossing are eaten for lunch and we head to the supermarket to replenish.

We also do heaps of laundry!

Another early night - to make up for our early start but also to prepare for tomorrows early start.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1009.6kb