Lake Taupo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
April 8th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We woke early in order to get to the nearby hot springs, which were part of the river and completely free (also completely deserted!). It was the most beautiful bath either of us had ever had! This was preparation for the stresses of the next few hours! Just after 9.20am we were throwing ourselves out of a plane in the best place in NZ to do a skydive!! The reason Lake Taupo is the best place to do a skydive is because you get amazing views of the biggest lake in NZ, that is surrounded by no less than 8 volcanoes!

Bex was extremely nervous and Dom comforted her whilst trying to cover up his own fears! The Jump itself was 12,000ft, with a 45 second free fall, dropping 8,000ft! We both agreed after that this skydive was one of the most exhilarating things we’d ever done. We both can’t wait to do another!! (We have an 8 minute video of the skydive, which we're going to try and put on here soon.. If anyone knows how we could compress a massive file, please let us know!)

That night we arrived at Bill and Shelia Norton’s (friends from Cyprus, who live in Waikanae (50km north of Wellington).


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Bex (unaware she is) exiting the planeBex (unaware she is) exiting the plane
Bex (unaware she is) exiting the plane

"I was too frightened to realise"
Mordor!Mordor!
Mordor!

We took this photo as we thought it looked very similar to the fires of Mordor (Lord of the Rings!)


17th April 2007

WOW guys congrats on the ski dives!! I'm very impressed!! Love u and miss u lots xx
19th April 2007

NZ
Have enjoyed seeing all your NZ pictures, brought back memories of our own visit there. Our experiences were not so scary, don't know which is the scariest, the zorb or the sky diving. Thankfully you survived both!
20th April 2007

Whats the situation with leeds Mr Blood? Are we going down? if so are we taking hull with us? Big love to Comet crew!
21st April 2007

Ha ha ha
Your face on that pic is priceless Bex. Absolutely hilarious. Well done for doing it guys!!! You are very brave!! ps. The zorbing looks amazing, but I'm not sure about the water! That sounds quite terrifying! pps. I've sent you an email. :) Big hugs xxxxx

Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb