Rotorua


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
September 30th 2006
Published: October 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Rebecca, Daniel, Me and TomosRebecca, Daniel, Me and TomosRebecca, Daniel, Me and Tomos

infront of a really cheesy sign!
Saturday:
A crazy adrenaline day spent with Rebeccah and Tomos, Tavis came with but lack of funds meant he watched most of it. The day started with White water sledging (www.sledge-it.com) down rapids head first on a body board type thing. It was good fun but was over quite quickly even though it was an hour. The best bit was surfing on the back current after a rapid. At the rafting we met up with Daniel who joined us for the rest of the day. We then went on a speed boat around a 1km track (www.agrojet.co.nz) which was better than expected. Next was the Swoop (www.swoop.co.nz) where 2 at a time we were laid in sleeping bag type harness and hoisted up to 40mtres before being dropped to swing at 130km/h back and forth. That was loads of fun! The Zorb (www.zorb.com) was next- put in a big plastic ball with some hot water and pushed down a zigzagging track- it felt how you'd expect to feel in a washing machine!! Finally we got a gondola up to 487 meters above the city and could see all of Rotorua and then threw ourselves down a 2km track on a 3 wheeled kart (luge)(www.skylineskyrides.co.uk). This was good as you got 5 goes at the 3 different tracks but it was getting close to 6pm and getting cold.
That evening we went to the pub to watch Auckland vs Canterbury play Rugby, Auckland just lost- Rebecca wasn't happy. Then we played doubles at pool but Daniel and Tomos were so good that I hardly got a go!
A long but very fun day partaking in every adrenaline activity that Rotorua has to offer.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb