Rotorua


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
October 27th 2008
Published: November 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

With a hectic weekend of booze and more booze complete, me, Roo, Ben and Laura (Ben’s GF) travelled to Rotorua for Labour Day (a bank holiday). Rotorua is south east of Matamata and if another popular tourist town, and well known for its lakes and thermal activity. As you enter Rotorua you can smell the sulphur from the hot springs, which became intoxication when you walk around the local park full of bubbling springs.

Our first trip of the day was to the Gondola and Luges. Situated on a mountain looking over Rotorua and Lake Rotorua the Gondola takes you to the summit and then you jump on the luges. The luge carts consist of a dual steering and breaking system which allows you to go very quick down the mountain track. On the second trip down on the luge, racing the other guys, I hit a corner a little bit too quick to the amusement to everyone in the vicinity. After 5 luges trips, all battered and bruised, we called it a day. A quick trip to Lake Rotorua and a meal at Redoubt back in Matamata capped of a busy day. I’m sure I will be returning to Rotorua.



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb