Eggs and injuries!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
October 1st 2005
Published: October 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Luging- brakes dont work  in the rain mate!Luging- brakes dont work  in the rain mate!Luging- brakes dont work in the rain mate!

Rob just before he met the Mr. H.bank and Mr.S.slope
Arrived in Roturua to be greeted by a smell of eggs due to geothermal activity - or was that just Rob after too many protein bars?
Great Youth hostel with own huge natural spa pool. Met 14 people in from ireland in there and we compared notes on trips etc. meant to go out after a steak supper and short kip but both had a short kip till 9.00 am!
Luging in the morning. Well this was an experience - already done before but nothing can compare to seeing Rob flying though the air while he was trying to catch us up - Coming down a huge slope which those whove done it before will know theres a very tight bend which i did warn him but no. Through the none existent barracades/ crashed over the steep inline of the bank and ended up arse over @!# in sodden mud with a thud! Unfortunately this was not the only time he came off which ended in a series of injuries. Thankfully apart from a few bruises im ok.

Rob - Woke up to the noise of heavy rainfall. Day consisted of Luging and then Zorbing.
Luging in the rain is not the best idea, brakes do not work and you end up wet, wet, wet. 1st run I crashed and cut my left hand. 2nd run me and Dave were Neck and Neck and the stupid boy tried to overtake on the inside, (what was he thinking), I took great delight in crashing hiom of the track only to lose at the end. 3rd race, I was close and in hot pursuit behind Dave, tried to push it on the large decent, hade a major crash were I was catapulted out of the kart over a ditch and slid through mud for a about 2-3 seconds. Landed badly on my tail bone which is killing me and will do so for the next 2-3 days. After 5 tracks we drove to Zorbing and in -5 degrees got into just out trunks and were driven up a huge hill via landrover to the Zorb. Dave jumped in first, follwed by me and before we knew it we were both crashing into one another while flying down a hill. At the bottom we ended up in a crumpled mess and dizzy. Great trip, but cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

WW rafting WW rafting
WW rafting

Dry at present


9th October 2005

Crazy
Your esapades are crazy but great fun to read, I can't stop laughing - godd luck and thanks!

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb