Onto Raglan


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Raglan
January 21st 2008
Published: January 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sat 5th Jan:
0800 leave so all up early to get sorted. On the road and a quick stop at Tairua lookout before driving onto Raglan via Waikato, famous for its cows.
We arrived in Raglan just after lunch. Checked in and Chris and I took advantage of the surf package which included and surf lesson and another half day board hire.
We jumped back on the bus to head to Bridal Veil Waterfall and took the walk down to the bottom.
Everyone was pretty tired so we chilled out at our stunning hostel, Karioi Lodge. We had a group meal with our recently formed gang but no one had much energy for anything else.

Sun 6th Jan:
The bus left at 0800 so we heard Lisa x2 leaving. Chris and I have hopped off for a few days. Up by 0930 for our surf lesson. Starting in the barn for our dry land lesson then down to Ngarunui Beach for the real stuff! Got our wetsuits and boards then headed into the water. The surf was perfect for beginners and the boards also built for the same purpose, so it wasn't long before most of us were standing. We spent a good few hours in the water, though unfortunately I came off my board in very shallow water and ended up compressing my knee, bending it about 30 degrees more than its gone in the last few years. To say it hurt would be an understatement!! So, that was the end of the surfing for me. I hobbled around until everyone had finished then got a lift into town for a knee support.
Spent the afternoon watching DVDs and icing my knee with Chris waiting on me, every cload has a silver lining!

Mon 7th Jan:
Reluctant to get up this morning and put my knee to the test but it didn't feel too bad. Decided against surfing today but went down with Chris and Catherine to watch them. The sun came out so at least I got some rays.
Had lunch and spent the afternoon on the computer. A chilled evening with more DVDs and then time to pack up as back on the bus again tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb