Day # 75 - 80


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Northland
August 27th 2015
Published: August 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We finally have mobile coverage so thought it was time to update the blog. We have been chillin in Tauranga Bay for the past 7 days. What a magic spot, with the bonus of calm weather and a parking spot right on the beach. You couldn’t really ask for more. One evening we were treated to a pod of dolphins playing in the Bay and coming right into shore.

Earlier in the week we hitched a ride over Radar Hill with another couple of campers to Mahinepua Bay and Wainui Bay. Had thought about biking over but we were saved by these lovely people😊. Both these Bays are very nice and sheltered. Mahinepua Bay has a DOC walking track out onto a peninsula, that we definitely plan on going back and doing in the next week.

Lance has been for a few runs and I have been tagging along on my bike as support crew. Ha I'm sure he enjoys me freewheeling a million miles ahead while he plods along huffing and puffing.



Day 80

It’s a beautiful morning to farewell Tauranga Bay. Off to Kerikeri to re-stock and get our bikes serviced (I broke mine, clunky crank from all that power😊).

We are now parked up at the NZMCA Rainbow Falls Park. A great location, with the Rainbow Falls just over the fence. Late this afternoon we power walked (otherwise we would be doing it in the dark) the Rainbow Falls Track down to the Kerikeri Stone Store (7kms return). This is a really cool track that we started from the top of the Rainbow Fall’s following the river all the way down to the Historic Stone Store and Kemp House.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0974s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb