Ants


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Northland
September 21st 2005
Published: September 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

kleidoscopeskleidoscopeskleidoscopes

this is what gems looking at - what household substance is it - prize is a limited eddition make your own kleidoscope,0000000000000
Gem here again, Dave is busy putting photos onto previous blogs.
Left Kaitaia thankfully a couple of days ago. Leaving a room that we woke up to find an army of ants trying to get from one side to the other and they we everywhere. Mentioned this to the hostel staff and the said thankyou, no apology or that they would sort this out. Did we also mention the glas, well due to the weather one of the doors glass blew through and there was glass everywhere, I cleaned up the inside and another guest put the temporary cardboard in to cover the whole. The owner Then after a quick hoover left the glass outside for tomorrow morning to clean up, and next morning when we left it was still there just prime for a kiddy to run into. Sorry had to get this off our chests. They did say they were shart staffed and a few of them were very lazy, maybe just a bad few days but it didn't give us a good impression.

So after dusting off everything we had in the room we set off. With a quick stop at kerikeri to find half the army
microbiologymicrobiologymicrobiology

Gems exciting hobby
had somehow come with us, so me and Dave battled to get control of the car again. Some actually survived the battle and came with us to whangarei but were destroyed in the second onslaught. Also stopped at a Kaleidscope workshop, yes Dave's idea and it turned out to be really good, not the usual ones we see, hopefully Dave will put some photos to show you.

Back in Whangarei last night and such a relief to be back in such a lovely hostel and the owner is great, really welcoming think his names John. Met an australian couple who were touring the northland, they weren't happy with our review of kaitaia as they were heading there in a few days, oh dear.

Today has been a long slog of a drive to Taupo, 7 hours due to a diversion. But the sun is shining and the view over the lake is again amazing. Hopefully get out on it tomorrow. Then on friday to Napier to meet up with Chevy, for those who have forgotten, we met him pruning. A nice American chef, he's going to take us for a hike into some woods (sounds sinister really) near
whangarei balcony viewwhangarei balcony viewwhangarei balcony view

uncles wives arent here?
napier where there are some natural hot pools and will be camping overnight. Should be a good laugh.

Then back to my parents on Sunday night and Dave is off to meet Rob on Monday for the hectic tour with him round NZ.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

KoruKoru
Koru

shot taken by Gem


21st September 2005

Aunts
Leave the ants there, see you on Sunday to hear all your news and see pics
21st September 2005

Koru crazy woman!
Nice to see you finally found a Koru worth photographing Gemma - people would not believe tha amount of times we played spot the Koru for her, only to be told it was not good enough when we did! Oooh, I'm making you sound like a hard woman to please aren't I. Anyway I can't talk with my old waterfall obsession. Glad to see you have found another to add to the collection! Anyway on with work - by the way not managed to call Skydive place about my DVD yet, hope they don't look at you strangely!
17th November 2005

What a shame
It's interesting hearing about northland from a tourist perspective. I've lived in Whangarei for a long time (now in Oz) and spent so much time camping up round kaitaia, all I can remember is good times and beautiful weather. Anyway, hope you weren't left with too bad of an impression. By the way...i jumped off the Whangarei falls from the top...im a legend!

Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 68; dbt: 0.1372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb