The rock


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
September 23rd 2005
Published: September 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi there,
Just thought would name this blog to get Elinor excited, she will know why, but sorry not that rock. Just spent last two nights in Taupo YHA, again a fab place to stay. Day one we did try and go for a cruise on the lake to see the Maori rock carving but the weather was too bad and so went along to Taupo adventure park and completed a maze, I won but Dave cheated, he followed me honest! To get out of the maze you then have to go down this long tunnel slide which is mostly pitch black so you have no idea where you are going or when the drops and turns are. All good fun. Next we took an off road buggy road a dirt track. Dave being the passenger, me obviously driving, well he did offer. Although problem being the veichle is not set up for vertically challenged people like me and it was a bit of a struggle to reach the steering wheel and peddles but hey managed it but was a bit sore after. Managed to get covered in mud and get a few skids in before our time was up.


In the evening we went to see Charlie and the chocolate factory which was an experience, however dissapointing in parts with no original umpa lumpa song which we havent quite got over yet.

Next day the weather had drastically improved and it was boiling hot again and so off for a sailing trip on the lake. Although didn't get to sail as for the first time Taupo had no wind what so ever. Got to eventually see the rock carvings and took far too many photos, see below. Also got to steer the 'barbary' once owned by Erol Flynn (apologies for wrong spellings).

Then a quick drive to Napier to prepare for our trip with Chevy to the Kaweka hills. More about this in our next blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



27th September 2005

Errol Flynn
Dave. Hope you practiced your swashbuckling techniques on Errol Flynns boat after I gave you the last fencing lesson! Love Laura
28th September 2005

That's just mean!
Well what can I say, my heart was all a flutter and then I find out it's about rock carvings - Gemma you are so mean! I am now in a deep state of despair crying into my soup on my lunch break. Boo hoo!

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb