Travelling Man


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Napier
February 18th 2012
Published: February 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well i guess you have been worried about us since we have not checked in for a while, well to tell you the truth we have been too busy selling Lucky Heather and Tarmacing people's drives....a travellers live is a busy one!

We have now picked up our camper van and we are enjoying seeing more of the countryside in the North Island. We managed to hitch a ride back down to Auckland with Martin and Damian, who dropped us off, so that we could pick up the camper. Its basic but functional, and we managed to get a good nights sleep too. We set off from Auckland Friday pm and arrived in Taupo around tea time and found a site for the night. The campsites here seem to be very well organised and clean with cooking, laundry and very good shower facilities, they are really geared up for this camping lark.

The drive from Taupo to Napier took a couple of hours and we drove through some stunning scenery over the mountain ranges and by waterfalls and forests, we stopped for lunch right by one waterfall and got to Napier in time to visit the Art Deco festival that seems to take over the whole town. Everyone seems to join in and dress up in 30's clothing and arrive in 30's cars too. There are people dancing and banqueting in the street, with many bands playing and street entertainers doing their stuff. We had a pint of Rooster ale and watched it all unfold before us.

We are now back at our camp site getting ready for another fun day tomorrow when we meet up with James' cousin and family. Bed made up, curtains drawn, teeth brushed, and it's lights out. Night night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



20th February 2012

Happy Birthday from all of us here at Westway CT xxx

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb