Goats, fish, kiwi!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Hawkes Bay » Porangahau
July 14th 2005
Published: July 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

pixie and Lucypixie and Lucypixie and Lucy

Close your mouth when you are eating!
Hi there,
Well guess Dave wasn't too embarrassed by the photo and I have been allowed to return to the site. This week has been rather slow, no work so we have been keeping ourselfs entertained with goat herding, rather boring when you only have one.

Itsa (the baby goat, new arrival to the circus my parents have) hasn't been well over the last week and has been rather subdued, but all will be glad to know she has now recovered and bouncing round like a goat possessed. Will have to get this on camera because there is no way I will be able to recreate it for you, she is very entertaining. She is getting a little too cocky though and trying to chase the geese who generally hiss and bite her. She has a long way to go to be accepted into the group.

Have made it to Napier this week, gorgeous weather and fab seafront. Seen some very unusual fish in the aquarium and had to go in the underwater tunnel 3 times as I was insistant that we get a stingray swim overhead of us. Also made Dave watch the Kiwi bird enclosure for 15
ItsaItsaItsa

Goat entertainer
minutes just to prove that Kiwi birds have the most ridiculous walk (think stuck up butler, with a stoop, with his hand behind his back walking very quickly bobbing for apples!).

Have been doing lots of planning for the trip to South Island, which will start on the 8th hopefully of next month. We will be spending 3 weeks travelling round in a campervan, bets are on to who survives! Will be confirming some transport in the next couple of days, Dave's bargaining powers will be put to the test again.

Have got a 'ladies night' that I am being dragged to in the local pub(by Mum)?????? Might take the camera and give the blog a bit of an X rated entry! Well maybe not, you can imagine the class of entertainment we will get round here, but may be surprised? Marjorie don't worry I will shut my eyes!

Forgot on the last blog to mention my friends Laura and Simon, they climbed Ben Nevis on a recent trip to Scotland, thought they should be mentioned on the web. Well done for not falling off it.

Off for now, will include pictures of goat!

Advertisement



14th July 2005

Knight Out and No Name
Check that the Ladies Night is not actually a Laddies Night, and you forgot to name the second sheep in the photo, but like your new nickname "Pixie".
18th July 2005

van-dal
submitted a comment about the camper van but now i've subscribed it's giving me error messages- guess the world won't get to see my interesting words x

Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb