Gorges and lakes


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Hawkes Bay » Napier
January 28th 2008
Published: January 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we drove down to Napier, the art deco city. On the way we stopped at Wairoa to look at the Kauri lighthouse - easy to find as its been moved into the town centre. Then we slowly followed the road down round Hawke's bay, through several spectacular gorges, till we came to Tutiri lakes, an excellent place for a picnic (take note, George and Beb!). Also several lakeside walks. We have the photos, but can't load them on this machine. I'll try another internet cafe - getting pretty cosmopolitan these days!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

lighthouselighthouse
lighthouse

at Wairoa, on the way to Napier.its made all of kauri wood. Easy to find as its been relocated into town, after an earthquake realigned the coast.
Lake tutiriLake tutiri
Lake tutiri

We came upon 2 l;akes with a lovely picnic and camping area too, and walks. Lots of black swans there.
another viewanother view
another view

Alex took an awful lot of pictures today! But they are good. bet you can't wauit to see the picture show when we get home!
gorgeous gorgegorgeous gorge
gorgeous gorge

is this the one where you can see the road we came along at the bootom? As you can imagine, there aren't many places to stop and gawp at the view!
fennelfennel
fennel

or is it dill, lines the roads here. A good view of the gorge too.


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb