Day # 9


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Firth of Thames
June 17th 2015
Published: June 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

A Frost in Miranda! Well it doesn't look like we have escaped the early morning chill. There are a few vans around the campsite with ice on the windows. We definitely needed to move further North to find some warmer weather. Well we only actually travelled 38kms up the coast today. Stopped at Matingarahi Bay to make date scones and a cuppa coffee😊. Looking out from here you look towards Tapu on the Thames side of the firth. Lots of mussel barges out working today (mmm wish we had our boat).

Final stop for the day after such a gruelling day on the road is Tapapakanga. Lance and I have been to this beautiful spot before but never stayed. Tapapakanga is an Auckland Regional Park. What a mission to book over the phone which is the only way at this time of the year. It cost $24 for 2 nights and they probably spent $50 on wages for staff time with the inefficient booking process.

A walk around the shorter historical walking track then back to cook up fresh fish for tea. The plan tomorrow is to do the longer walks around the park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 81; dbt: 0.0876s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb