The end of an era


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » East Coast
July 8th 2005
Published: July 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Dave's 'how to prune'Dave's 'how to prune'Dave's 'how to prune'

You must put 100% into your pruning!!!
Good day to you all, Gem here

Well it is an end of an era, the last of this years pruning has come and gone. We have finally finished giving those vines their haircuts for this year, but the jobs not over yet, more jobs next week.

Well after the last couple of days I'm feeling rather homesick. Congratulations to London on getting the Olympics. Also heard about the senseless bombing attacks in the capital, absolutely ridiculous. We were delayed in finding out. Although I am so glad Elinor, my good friend who lives in London, is okay and coping well with all the goings on. My apologies to her for ringing at such a bad hour to check on her.

Now on with some more NZ news, we have a new arrival, introducing Itsa! (get it??) She is a month old goat who's mother had died and was going to be put down, but my mum has saved her (how many more this year? the bets are on). She is actually very cute but cries a lot, she is learning off the sheep but the geese are using her as a pecking target, but just wait till those horn grow! She can down a pint of milk within a minute.

Had a wine tasting at Randal's (our boss) last night after we finished pruning, fab wines, viognier, pinotage, savignon blanc, etc etc. Honestly not at all tipsy by the end of it. Went into the bustling (sarcasm there) town of Waipukarau afterwards for a fab meal. Ended up testing the cars petrol capacity as was on empty all the way (50k), adds to the excitement.

We are both working at a 70's do this evening waiting tables and helping out in the Kitchen, although think will let Dave do the washing up knowing his cooking skills! Shall perfect our dance routine this afternoon.

Speak soon, hope you are all well
Love Gem

Advertisement



10th July 2005

magazine cuttings
loved these pruning shots so much i sent them off to a magazing called 'pruning weekly' and would you believe it, they've written back to say they want both to be cover shots of two sister publications... Pruning Weakly (pic one) and Pruning Mooning (pic two)- will try and get copies x
11th July 2005

Dear Sue/sis
Sounds fab, but have just subscribed to 'man on the prune' and 'see you prune', Damn! What a waste of a $1000 subscription.

Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb