No Wombles?


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » East Coast
July 3rd 2005
Published: July 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,
Well pruning is easing off now as we're on the Sauvingnon Blanc Vines which tend to be younger and easier to cut than the Pinot Noirs, - also much higher up which is kinder on the old back!
Played in a badminton tournament (or yankee as they call them over here?) in Waipukarau and managed to win a glue gun - an obvious prize , which will come in handy for gluing my 7 pound racket (thats the weight and the price) back together.
Went to Wimbledon, the nearest town/village/house to where we are, only to find that the Wimbledon Finals were on so we stopped to have a Tui or two (the joys of not driving!).

logging off

ps - no wombles but one of the locals looked similar to Uncle Bulgaria, well he wore glasses.








Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



4th July 2005

pruning
Hey dave - I don't know much about pruning - but looking at what's in the background - don't you think you've gone a touch too far with them?? They look like minature telegraph poles (which is curious because the guy next to you looks suspiciously like someone I used to work for in BT......)...Bro.X.
4th July 2005

Prooooonnnaaagh
I recon you're just up at Hellgill - not NZ! - Beware the fruit with the stoney pip and the wrinckly skin - they can play a merry dance with your motions!
4th July 2005

q
q

Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 76; dbt: 0.089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb