New Zealand Road Trip


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel
May 18th 2007
Published: May 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 29 - Friday 18th May

Sar drove north to Hahei. The scenery was lush as always!! On the way up passed a kiwi scenic reserve too. If we had trecked (tramped) off into the bush, we're sure we would have found several!! The campsite here was quite empty. We had a little walk on Hot Water Beach at sunset, which was quite pretty! Part of the sand was so pinky and orangey from all the shells, lush!!

At the campsite Nik, Amz and Gem donned there scary faces and put on the mud mask!! Was quite funny! Sar laughed at us anyway! We sat around the table playing cards, while Sar was lost in her book! We prepped the pizzas for tea in the van and amz and gem went off to cook them in the site kitchen...saves on gas!! Pizzas were yummy! However, the wine we had with it wasn't so! We drank it in plastic cups and didn't realise for a while that the wine was eroding the cups and the wine went all plasticy and i'm sure quite toxic! Unluckily for Amy, she found it out the most when she had a big swig of the combined wine from a couple of other cups!!! Not so nice!!

Gem and Amz slept up the top again....Very small spaces, especially on the inside ha ha!!
Roof slopes down on you! Unfortunately, it also gets very damp up there, when we got into bed, the sheets were sodding! Sure thats not right!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb