Wilderland Trust


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel » Whitianga
March 3rd 2007
Published: March 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

First working dayFirst working dayFirst working day

Did some weeding outside the local Steiner school. Hot hot hot and big big grass!
On the 3rd of March we arrived in New Zeeland and our 3rd adventure started. (I will post a update on Australia soon... I promise... I will...)
For the first three nights we stayed with a lady outside Auckland and Chris got some quit heavy work for a start. She wanted help to start concreting her driveway and I wasn’t of much use in doing that. So Chris got to do long hours and I felt like a maid, serving him water and minding the child. Julian enjoyed the wheel barrier though!
On the 6th of March we where off to Wilderland Trust. Chris had spoken to someone who was living there so they knew we where coming. I was completely taken by surprise by the place. Such an amazing property with huge possibilities! There used to be a lot of families living there but now there where only around 8 residents left. The only family with small kids living there left after we had been there just a couple of days.
Wilderland is a great community, beautiful strong people and I would recommend anyone the experience of staying there. Life is simple and basic but for me there wasn’t
Chris concreting skillsChris concreting skillsChris concreting skills

Chris and Julian next to the WORK COMPLETED.
much difference from how I lived in Guatemala. So of course I loved it! (But completely honestly I am a big fan of flushable toilets...😊
The community was shadowed by some sadness and questioning about the future since the founder and spirit of Wilderland had recently past away. How life will be there by the end of this year is unsure but I really hope that Wilderland will attract some new energy to create something of this beautiful property. They have fruit trees everywhere!!! We picked oranges, plums, mandarins and avocado... mmmmm....what else can I say about the place?
We stayed a couple of days longer then expected and when we left it felt a little bit sad but as well it was time to do something else. Our last days we worked in the shop where they are selling fruits and vegetables from the land. The founder of this unintentional community had constructed a great playground around the shop and people just stopped by to sit there for a while.
I let the pictures tell the rest...



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Sleeping in the busSleeping in the bus
Sleeping in the bus

It was probably coz he thought that he was strapped in a car seat that he just fell asleep without any protest... but who cares? GREAT! :)
PlayPlay
Play

Julians corner on the small bed next to ours.
Time for another plum!Time for another plum!
Time for another plum!

He found where they where... and then they where gone...


7th May 2007

Lovely to see you....
Hi just lovely to see you .....I do hope little Julian is better big hug mamma
8th May 2007

great to hear of your adventures - thanks for sharing - great pics!!

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb