Day 2 - Sunday Morning - Bowentown to Tauranga


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel » Waihi
March 3rd 2007
Published: March 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Waihi to Mt Maunganui


Updated 19 MAR 07

The previous night was both fantastic and strange. After lots of drinks and a sumptuous BBQ dinner we adjurned for the night to bed. and fell instantly to sleep. It was a big, Big day. We were woken up in the early hours of the morning by a strange noise. We con not recognise it. It just grew loader and louder and louder. It was vaguely familiar but I couldn’t quite place it. Anyway it lulled me back off to sleep very quickly. Quite Strange that. I found in the morning that the ground as also all wet. Still I couldn’t place what had happened. Its was all very familiar, yet alien all at the same time. I was told later by a local that this is what happens when it “rains”. I didn’t quite understand what he was saying, but then it dawned on me. Rain Rain Glorious Rain. I had forgotten all about this wonderful phenomona because it has NOT “rained” properly in Melbourne for a long long time.

Anyway we did also get to sleep in a bit, we helped make and eeat breakkie, exchanged contact info and offers of accommodation and headed off on the next leg of our journey. We headed down to Tauranga (Pronounced: Tau..Ron...ga) and Mt Maunnganui (pronounced: Mon..ga..newie) We stopped at some great country bakery just before Tauranga to buy bread and some scrummie savs in pastry (exotic form of sausage roll). The Drive was through some whindy whindy roads.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb