Roadtrip to the Coromandel


Advertisement
Published: August 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello lovelies! Figured I should update this again since I had a great trip last weekend! We ventured up to the Coromandel Peninsula for a beautiful weekend away! As it is winter here, it is pretty chilly and rainy a lot, hence us not really taking any trips yet, but we needed a break from the city. We stayed in a wonderful hostel right by the beach and had a wonderful roommate from Canada who we befriended for the weekend. I'm telling you guys, the best part of traveling is meeting complete strangers and connecting right away!



New Chums Beach-Read about this being a top 10 beach in New Zealand. This beach is a hidden gem! I was the only one there which was great!

Cathedral Cove- Famous for it's beautiful views, and being in that little movie called the Chronicles of Narnia 😉 this place was absolutely amazing and a photographers dream! Of course it was gorgeous and sunny until we started the hike there, then we got stuck in the rain, but that didn't deter us. The scenery was stunning and the rock formations were amazing!

Hot Water Beach- Grab a shovel, start digging, and you get your own mini hot spring! Easier said than done, so we just hi jacked someone elses 😉 Too bad the water was scalding hot!

So all in all, our weekend was full of hanging out on beaches, and just relaxing! We also move out of our piece of shit moldy house this weekend. We will be staying in a long term hostel for a while.Not ideal, buuut I will be saving so much money. My job contract here in the city ends at the end of December so my plans as of now are to travel more of New Zealand and make my way to a town called Kaikoura in the South Island to hangout in until April! Winter here is almost over so more trips will be taken soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb