Auckland to Coromandel


Advertisement
Published: January 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Auckland to Coromandel


So I left Auckland at 7.30am and headed on the Magic bus away from Auckland the my next stop in Coromandel Town!

We firstly headed up to Mt Eden to get a look at Auckland from above before driving a few hours to Thames where I changed my bus for the connection tour

Only 2 other people got off this bus and joined me so a very quiet group of people but we headed from Thames to Hot Water Beach for our first stop. Scenery is just amazing here, so green and with the fabulous weather we are having here just stunning to look at!!

Hot water beach - two hours each side of low tide you can dig a hole in the sand and sit in a natural hot pool!! most of the island is on a volcano so the hot water is pushed up to the surface and when the tide goes out, you get your very own hot pool!!! Lush!!

We headed then onto Cathedral Cove where, after a very long walk, you arrive at one of the most stunning beaches!! White sand, blue sky and a funky cove in the middle of a huge rock to admire!! Spent a while here sunbathing before our next stop of Coromandel Town!

Not much to do here so met some UK girls in the hostel and chilled out with them! One of the girls got a tattoo done so went with her to watch (dont worry Mum I didnt get another one!!) then we all headed down to the beach to watch the sunset!

Heading back to Thames tomorrow to catch the next bus!! xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb