Extraordinary Eastern Bay


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Plenty » Whakatane
September 10th 2008
Published: September 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Back 'home'


Catching UpCatching UpCatching Up

With Jake, Jack, Julie and Jo in the playground at Palmers.
We planned to do a bit of a road trip when we got back to New Zealand, visiting our friends and family in Whangarei, Rotorua, Whakatane, Napier and Wellington. But when our old boss heard we were coming home early, he offered us a few weeks of relief work back at 1XX - being flat broke, we couldn't say no!

So less than a week after returning to the country, we headed back to the marvellous Eastern Bay on Sunday afternoon.

We're staying in the cute, cuddly, cosy 1XX cottage in Ohope and so far it's been really lovely to catch up with people and meet the new ones, plus have a look at what's changed in four months! Not much, really, a couple of shops, plus the fence at our old house has been repaired and painted, something promised to us when we moved in three years ago!!!! That's a little peeving.

Richard's slotted right back in to his previous duties, whereas I'm doing a mish mash of all the jobs I've ever done here, the majority of which is on air announcing. Not my favourite thing to do, but good to take the opportunity to extend
What?What?What?

I did NOT throw bark into your handbag!
my experience and improve my skills!

We're here for three weeks and working every day, so we should be back on our feet by the time we get back to Auckland. And we ARE going back to Auckland, as we have new jobs lined up which we'll explain more about in the fullness of time, as they say. So the travel opportunities will be a bit easier to take up!

It's somewhat warmer here than in Auckland, but still too cold for my liking and my summer wardrobe. We checked out our storage shed last night and were pleased to find everything is still there, although our boxes of (warm) clothes are buried at the back and the bottom. We'll be taking a few essentials back with us while we bunk with Richard's mum before finding a new place.

So that's all for now, kinda technically sorta still travel I guess - well we're still living out of backpacks anyway! Actually we're not, we're both so sick of backpacks we used alternative methods of packing to come down - Richard borrowed a suitcase and I hurled a pile of clothes into a washing basket!

Keep in
JackJackJack

Keeping my space warm.
touch!

Roho
xx

Advertisement



12th September 2008

Hi!
Hi Ro and Richard, Thats great you get to go back to east coast, hope we can catch up when you are settled in Auckland and you can tell us all about your adventures overseas :-) Charlene

Tot: 0.34s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.3169s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb