In New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Plenty » Whakatane
December 22nd 2006
Published: December 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

We flew out of Cairns on the 19th and it turned out to be quite a stressful experience. Our flight left at 5:45am and when we tried to check in at 4am we discovered New Zealand passports were not being accepted by the Qantas systems. After an hour of standing there and phone calls to Immigration and everywhere else we got our boarding pass for our flight to Sydney. That meant we had an hour to get our boarding pass for our flight from Sydney to Auckland, get from the domestic to the international terminal and get through security again! We managed to do it with our names being called over the intercom as we were about to board the plane! Once on the planes though we had no problems and we arrived in Auckland ahead of schedule. John (Dave’s Dad) picked us up and from there we headed back to the farm outside Whakatane.
As of today we are the proud owners of our first car together, we now own an 1984 Peugeot 205! For those of you who have never heard of one (cuz I hadn’t either) it’s a little Rin Tin Tin car! But let me tell ya we look cool in our Penny Pug!! We don’t have pictures yet but once we do we’ll put them up!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb