Jingle bells.....


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Plenty » Tauranga
December 23rd 2003
Published: December 23rd 2003
Edit Blog Post

Peeka boooo....Peeka boooo....Peeka boooo....

Can u see me?
Well, it's that time of year again, but this time we're somewhere hot!

Man it feels soooo strange here in NZ, the sun is out, everyone is in short's 'n' t-shirt's and talking about having barbies on the beach for x-mas dinner ... it's sooo kool!:o)

The kiwi's seem to have the same feeling about Christmas that most people do, except without the hampering for snow ... most of them complain if it isn't going to be over the 20's for the big day!

However there are some of them that we have met that have the the same feelings about it that we do ... that it is an overhyped load of bull! ... some people argue until there blue in the face that it's a traditional thing, or religious blah blah blah, infact we have a couple of Germans here who are getting more and more irate every day that we are all not more happy that it is xmas, but as in most cases, the majority rule!!

Most of us believe that at most it is a time to spend with people you love and just have a few drinks and stuff yourself silly!
Do you find this offensive??Do you find this offensive??Do you find this offensive??

No? ... well the bloody stoopid nosey neighbours did, and wrote to the council, who asked the hostel owners to take it down!!
... but also remembering the people that are less fortunate than us all and hoping that one day we'll all live in peace and equalness ... ha fecking ha, what aload of tosh!! hee hee ... not quite like that, but most of us think that the way xmas is celebrated in the upper pecs of society is all a load of overpriced, media enduced crap!

Anyway, enough of that, most importantly about this time of year is that a new year is on the way ... so what have YOU got planned for next year???

I know what we are planning, but we can't say as most people find it hard to understand, and it clashes with there modes of thinking/beliefs, but hey, we've always gone against the grain anyway, so nothing is new, we'll just get on with our lives and let others do the same, no point trying to change people, there stubborn buggers!;o)


We have been working our butts off over the last few weeks, doing some avocado picking, kiwi fruit thinning, to save some extra money as we are off to the Northland, somewhere near Kaitaia in the new year(we'll let
Do I look cold??Do I look cold??Do I look cold??

Well I should do, the sun disappeared and it was bloody freezing ... 6 hours and we didn't catch a thing!!
ya'll know once we go!), to do some Mandarine thinning, should be great fun, we've got access to the famous '90 mile beach', YEAH baby!!:o)

Anyway, thats's that, here's wishing you all a HAPPY LOVE FILLED CHRISTMAS ... even if we don't believe in it!;o)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb