So here we are AGAIN...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Plenty » Tauranga
November 17th 2003
Published: November 17th 2003
Edit Blog Post

In Tauranga!!!

Man it seems we cannot get away from this place!!

So, off we went to Napier about 10 days ago. We got there, everything was kool with the hostel we stayed at, we got jobs doing apple tree thinning(cutting small or damaged apple's off etc) and we were going to stay for a month or so, but then we got a job offer to manage a hostel in Turangi which is just outside of Taupo, in the Middle of New Zealand, near the Tongariro crossing.

So we decided that it would be a great opportunity to get some experience etc and off we went again, to Turangi!

We got to the hostel (Bell Bird Lodge) on the Monday last week, and by the evening had negotiated a deal with the owners for free accommodation and meals and a few other perks plus some money too, in exchange for changing the beds etc, booking people into the hostel, sorting out excursions etc for them too, and we were to start officially a few days later after being there guests for a few days to check out the area....

Weeeel, the next day the lady who
Red sky at night...Red sky at night...Red sky at night...

Bloody pissed down the next day!!
had looked after the place for them for a year before returned, with a 2 year work permit, asked if she could have her job back ... and ... was offered it!!!!

We were told that we could stay on for a few months whilst she looked for a more permanent job, but with half the perks AND money!

To say we were peeved off is a bit of an understatement really!!! ... but thats life, and we upped our rucksacks and left.

Worked things out(money etc) and realised that we would have to come back to 'Just the Ducks Nuts' hostel in Tauranga until the end of January, so that we could save a bit more money to enable use to travel some more! ... only because it's the best place for work, every single person we have met here has found all sorts of work year round!

Anyway, here we are back in Tauranga in the Bay of Plenty, we are both kiwi fruit pruning now, it's pretty easy work now that were used to it, and we're on hourly pay so thats kool, should last for a few weeks then onto some tomato
Here comes the storm...Here comes the storm...Here comes the storm...

And what storms they are in NZ, scary indeed!!
picking or something, whatever comes up!!!

Anyway, not too talkative today, got abit of hang over from last night ... first time I have been drunk in NZ, not a drinker you see, but boy was i pissed last night ... bloody tui, tastes like shit to me but hey after 7 jugs who cares!;o)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb