Kerikeri to meet the boys


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands » Kerikeri
April 3rd 2008
Published: April 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 11 - Paihia/Kerikeri

Had a well deserved lie in today and spent the morning getting on the internet and updating this blog. Unfortunately by the time we were ready to go out the rain began and though very warm was very very wet. Got the local dial a bus service to Kerikeri with a charming kiwi called Tiny. Upon arriving in Kerikeri we found somewhere to relax and have something to eat. Kerikeri isn't particularly large and therefore the 3 hours we had to kill there until we met the boys took forever. We did at least find a bar where we could partake in an alcoholic beverage in the dry. Finally met Dean and Matt at 5.30pm and although the rain had stopped it was to windy to have a BBQ. Instead they took us on a tour slightly north up to Tauranga bay which is stunning. Long sandy beach's, warm sea and an island of the coast. From the there we filled our bellies and headed back to Paihia where we went for a drink at Saltys and we were all asked for ID so we are all filling youthful again. It was great to see the boys again and it is with sadness we split from here for our trip further south. Though I envy them staying around here as when the suns out its a pretty cool place.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb