Ack! Auckland!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
November 17th 2011
Published: November 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have landed in Auckland, NZ! After a very tiring thirteen hour flight (with surprisingly delicous food) we landed at our final destination. A shuttle with an agressive driver swooped us off to our hostel where we piled into our ten person dorm and then wandered about downtown.

Our first stop was the harbour where we saw lots of cool boats an VERY green water next to some very pretty buildings! I'll have to get the pictures on here at a later date but it was a very pretty spot.

The first couple of thingsI noticed about Auckland were, there are A LOT of birds, everything is standing wide open often having no doors at all, and there are lots and lots of beautiful clothes!!

It's all a little confusing trying to adjust to accents and humidity and being with the same ten people all day. Very, very different from Saskatoon. But the plants are beautiful and lush and everywhere! even in the core of downtown, there are big lush trees growing next to the roads even brushing against the buildings.

It's super exciting to finally be there and I will keep you posted on our crazy shenanigans!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb