Life in Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
May 25th 2006
Published: May 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

View of Rangitoto from our window.View of Rangitoto from our window.View of Rangitoto from our window.

Rangitoto is Auckland's youngest volcano and last errupted 600 years ago, not recently fortunately!
Sooo since the end of February we have been living a 'normal' life in Auckland. We have rented a lovely flat in Newmarket which has stunning views of the water and a couple of volcanoes (fortunately ones that haven't errupted for a while). I quite like that I can stand and do the dishes and see a volcano, which is very green and has cows on top! Despite the cows we are actually only a few minutes from the city centre and even closer to a whole parade of some of the best clothes and shoe shopping in the country - so much for saving any money!
I commute to work at Kelston Girls' College by train and Simon gets to drive to work in the good old van! He was highly embarrassed one day when a message went round the office saying someone had left their lights on ...
We have managed to make some friends, although some decided not to stay for long and we hope it was nothing we said!


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Another view of Rangitoto!Another view of Rangitoto!
Another view of Rangitoto!

Well, it's not often you get to live with a view like this!!
A sneaky third volcano from our flat!A sneaky third volcano from our flat!
A sneaky third volcano from our flat!

Just in the background, behind the church.
Auckland from Mt Remuera/HobsonAuckland from Mt Remuera/Hobson
Auckland from Mt Remuera/Hobson

Our flat is the red-brick building centre left of the picture.
Auckland City.Auckland City.
Auckland City.

Taking in the city views from Devonport on the north shore.
Mount Eden.Mount Eden.
Mount Eden.

Views from the highest point in Auckland.
Kelston GirlsKelston Girls
Kelston Girls

Where Adele works. An interesting school with mainly Maori and Pacific Island students.
Sports Day!Sports Day!
Sports Day!

Lots of very-excited students! (1st March 2006)
Sports Day at Kelston Girls.Sports Day at Kelston Girls.
Sports Day at Kelston Girls.

with the Maori Marae (meeting/ceremony house) in the background.
Spasifix!Spasifix!
Spasifix!

A local band comes to play at school. (May 2006)
My little train station!My little train station!
My little train station!

The small station near my school - there is only one train track!


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb