Arrival in Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
January 14th 2011
Published: January 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We have arrived!



Che and I arrived in Auckland after after 12 hours on the plane. We had a bit of a scare in L.A when the flight personell almost wouldnt let us on the plane because we didnt have a flight out of N.Z ! Whooo panic attack but thanks to Che's handy itouch, her cool composure and the desk girl's knowlege of how an itouch works.. we were able to buy a flight and show her the proof! Phewwff. We flew through the night, skipped forward a day and arrived on Friday to have Becky's cousin Clive pick us up at the airport. He and his roommates, Luke and Lucy, are from the UK and we have been hanging out with them so much that we don't even know what a Kiwi accent sounds like yet! This weekend he took us on a camping trip to a place called The Coromandel. We camped at Hot Water Beach. For dinner we ate the fish that Clive and Luke had caught that morning.YUM! At 10pm we walked down to the beach and dug holes in the sand to get to boiling hot water below. Basking in the hot pools and looking up at the stars was a very cool experience. The combination of the steam rising up off the sand and the sillouttes of other people on the beach made it seem like a mystical fairy tale. The next day we went to Cathedral Cove which is hands down the most beautiful beach I have ever been too. We basked in the sun and played in the sea all day. lovely. We are back at Clive's place now and he is going back to work today. He has VERY generously lent Che and I his car so we are heading out on a road trip today up to The Bay of Islands to do some more beaching!
Lots of LOVE from both of us to all of you!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb